Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Home is where the heart is

As the title already reveals, the trip to Russia was a success. We are back in Luxembourg and back to reality.

I am not going to talk about every single experience we had, because let's be real, that's a lot. We've been away for 2 weeks and we had a lot of good and also bad moments. However, in the end, it does not matter. What matters is that we had a great time and an unforgettable adventure. This is also what I am going to talk about today.


You are probably asking yourself, what was so special about that trip? Well, first of all, I got to know myself. Yeah, that does sound stupid, but I am serious. This was the first trip in my life, where I realized who I was and what I wanted. I don't even know how to explain it to you, but I had the feeling that saw myself from the side, from another perspective. I met a new me. Not only that but I understood that the things that I was worried about or the things that didn't let me sleep at night had no importance. Every single worry I had been so damn stupid and that I don't have to cry over things that do not actually matter.



I also got to know Nicole a lot better, our friendship grew stronger and we became even closer. I never thought that we are going to be as close as we are, and I am so happy about it. I am grateful to have such an amazing friend, who will always be there.



I learned that you should take risks and meet new people. Yes, it is dangerous and you never know what happens. You could die or end up hurt, but you'll never know if you won't try because it might be an unforgettable experience like it was for us. We met such great people, that we will never forget. We celebrated New Year's Eve with complete strangers, who we knew for 2 hours, but it ended up being the most awesome experience ever. A story I will tell to my children.



All in all, this trip to Russia grew to my heart and I am proud to call this place my home.








I could write so much more because the trip to Russia is full of stories, but I'm going to keep that one to myself. If you want to hear more about the trip, then I'll post the link of the podcast I recorded with Nicole on her radio show. It will be up on Friday, so stay tuned!

PODCAST ABOUT OUR TRIP


To wrap it up, I want to thank my angel, Nicole, for this amazing experience, I will never forget. Thank you so much, I love you with all my heart.






Also, here are some songs we could not stop listening and singing






xx Lisa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig