Monday, July 24, 2017

THE REAL DEAL - CARBONARA FOR REAL LAZY PRO COOKS

After a couple of stressful months of studying and procrastinating, I am finally back with new fresh content and a lot of inspiration. Today, I am going to share with you a part of my life that has not been open to the public yet. 


Practically my entire life I've had a passion for cooking and experimenting with food and different recipes  (yes my kitchen almost burned down several times, but it was totally worth it). By no means am I a professional cook or anything like that, but I enjoy cooking and I personally think that I don't suck that much. That's why I decided to share some recipes with you that might inspire you to try new things or if you don't enjoy cooking, maybe give it a second chance.


As a first recipe I am going to share with you my newly discovered recipe, Spaghetti alla Carbonara. The recipe I am going to share with you today, is extremely simple and if you don't like wasting time in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect for you! Also, this is the "real-deal-italian-recipe-without-cream-so-don't-ever-cook-it-with-cream-you-have-no-excuses" recipe.



To begin with, this is what you will need:


- Spaghetti pasta (as much as you can destroy in one session of pasta-eating, personally I use a full pack of pasta - the more the merrier)
- Pancetta (for the real deal) or bacon (the amount also depends on the quantity of pasta you have)
- Eggs (about 3-4)
- Parmesan cheese (A LOT)






As you probably noticed, I didn't really give any precise quantities and that's because I just follow my guts and hope for the best.


After you've gathered all of your goodies, you can start by filling a pot with water and put it on the stove so the water can boil up. 

1. When the water is boiling, add some salt (not too much as the pancetta is super salty) and your spaghetti. The pasta usually cooks for about 10-12 minutes, which means that you can start on the meat right away. 





2. On the stove, heat up a pan with some olive oil and throw your pancetta in. You will see that you don't need much oil as the meat is super greasy itself. For about 8 minutes you can cook the pancetta in the pan on the highest level.





3. When the pasta is cooked, you drain it (obviously) and put it back in the pot. Now you can throw the cooked pancetta in the same pot as your pasta. Make sure to mix it up a little and insure that all of the pasta is covered in oil. Now, cover the pasta-pancetta mixture with a lid to let the pasta get infused by the cooked meat.


4. For the actual sauce, take a couple of eggs (again it depends on the quantity of the pasta. For an entire pack of spaghetti, I take 5 eggs). Break the eggs in a small bowl, add some parmesan cheese and pepper if you like, and mix it up!





5. Are you ready? I hope you are, because you are about to create an artwork! Alright, if you are ready, add your egg-mixture to the pancetta infused pasta and mix! 




See, I told you it was easy!






Your pasta is ready, enjoy! 






xx Lisa

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. When i add the egg-mix to the pasta, is it supposto cook with the heat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You add the egg mixture to the pasta that has been mixed with the meat, add it as the pasta is still hot (but the stove should be off!). Like that, when you mix the mixture in, the egg is going to cook a little bit and adapt sort of a white color. :)

      Delete
  2. the egg is going to cook a little bit and adapt sort of a white color. :)

    จีคลับ

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig